ARISTOTLE AND DANTE

Hey guys! It's time to review my first book which I read this month and that was ARISTOTLE AND DANTE DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE by BENJAMIN ALIRE SAENZ!



SHORT DESCRIPTION:

This Printz Honor Book is a “tender, honest exploration of identity” (Publishers Weekly) that distills lyrical truths about family and friendship.

Aristotle is an angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When the two meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the loners start spending time together, they discover that they share a special friendship—the kind that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through this friendship that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves and the kind of people they want to be.


MY THOUGHTS:

Before Reading: The book got so much good reviews. Everyone loved this book and it seems that it was pretty emotional. Even the book won an award, man! So I thought "Why not, let's give it a shot". To be honest, I love to read books which made everyone cry. Because I love to cry over a book. Only from that emotion we can know how the book touched our heart. So the main reason I read this book was TO CRY.

Reading: It really seems moving so fast. This was definitely a quick read, can be read in one sitting. But I have exams, so I couldn't do that. One of the main character, Aristotle. The book is from his perspective. I pretty much enjoyed his words. He really struggled a lot in his life. Another character, Dante. He is kinda sweet. He also struggles his feelings for boys. But, he did accept that. That's what really matters. Whether they both managed to discover the secrets of the Universe tells the story. I guess the sequel is following to come. 

After Reading: This really disappoints me because I DIDN'T CRY. The story was pretty good. How the characters accepted their ways, no matter what other people feel about you. You should be yourself. Accept that and move one. Don't mope around your house. This is what I understand from the story. And it is a good message too.

Let's wait and watch what will they discover in the sequel!

MY RATING: Acceptable

Until next time!

Comments