BOOK REVIEW #22- MILK AND HONEY

MILK AND HONEY by RUPI KAUR


BLURB:

'milk and honey' is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. About the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity. It is split into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose. Deals with a different pain. Heals a different heartache. 'milk and honey' takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look.

MY THOUGHTS:

So this was my first poetry read though it didn't feel like it at all. I was expecting a lot when the blurb says it also focuses on femininity. But I was not satisfied. It divided into four parts. For the first three parts, it felt ridiculous to read. I can understand the pain and all. But it's the longing and aching part I couldn't stand it. The best one is the fourth part. It definitely focus on feminism. 

nothing is safer
than the sound of you
reading out loud to me
-the perfect date

This quote is the one I really love!

MY RATING: Dreadful

Comments