BOOK REVIEW #36- 1984

BLURB:

The year 1984 has come and gone, but George Orwell's prophetic, nightmarish vision in 1949 of the world we were becoming is timelier than ever. 1984 is still the great modern classic of "negative utopia" -a startlingly original and haunting novel that creates an imaginary world that is completely convincing, from the first sentence to the last four words. No one can deny the novel's hold on the imaginations of whole generations, or the power of its admonitions -a power that seems to grow, not lessen, with the passage of time.

MY THOUGHTS:

Aah! First I need to pat myself for finishing a classic #proudmoment.

I couldn't find it in my heart to adore classics. Don't see me wrong. I praise them of course. I want to read every classic even though I couldn't love them. Can someone just put me on Imperio to enjoy the classics? It would be really helpful and I will be forever grateful.

Anyways, let's come to 1984. When I read the blurb. I was instantly pumped up. You see, I love the dystopian world. Include me in that. I will love to rebel against something. And now, this happens to be a dystopian classic. So how could I resist this piece?

"The consequences of every act are included in the act itself."

Once you get accustomed to the language, you would love the rich writing. And it took me a few pages for getting attached to it. And by the name of Dumbledore, how I devoured it. How powerful and intense the words were! I could forever drown in his words even if I don't like the story.

Dystopian means, of course, there will be a badass government who put a lot of goddamn rules for the subjects to follow. That's where and why rebels arise. Here, they are said to be BIG BROTHER. Seriously, I was so annoyed every time when I see a poster saying "Big brother is watching you" or a video boasting about their so-called achievements. I was not the one who seemed irritated, it seems our protagonist Winston Smith also felt the same.

It was a slow start for me. I was waiting for the book to pick up its pace. And it finally happened. After the first 100 pages, though. It was finally good and I'm happy. But it didn't last forever. 

Why can't I be simply happy? Because the damn history came. I was fighting myself to read and ignoring when my eyes gave alerts to call off. As a stubborn woman, of course, I tried my best till the end. But I couldn't win. Ugh! 

And then the table took its turn which was so unexpected. And the things that happened after that was hauntingly horrible. Yup, this book haunted my dreams with some acts. And it opened my mind to another plot, which I will write it soon.

I was disgusted by how the Party was treating some one. And at last, everyone would want to save their own skin, not others.

"Under the spreading chestnut tree, I sold you and you sold me."

MY RATING: POOR

~Until next time!

Comments