BOOK REVIEW #44- HEIR OF FIRE


BLURB:

Consumed by guilt and rage, Celaena can't bring herself to spill blood for the King of Adarlan. She must fight back...

The Immortal Queen will help her destroy the king - for a price. But as Celaena battles with her darkest memories and her heart breaks for a love that could never last, can she fulfil the bargain and head the almighty court of Terrasen? And who will stand with her?


MY THOUGHTS:

For a few weeks, I couldn’t pick up a new series to start. I was planning to start more series, but this guilty feeling was nagging me as I haven’t continued the Throne of Glass series. It’s not like it was bad, I really enjoyed the first two books. I guess I was not in the mood for this one. So I vowed myself to finish this series, so here I am.

5 SOLID STARS (And this is something because nowadays, I don’t give 5 stars that easily)

I was constantly thinking that this book definitely worth 4 stars. But Gods, trust me I wouldn’t give 5 stars if it’s not for those last 10 chapters. This book completely blew up my mind. I was beyond impressed.

HOLY FREAKING BALLS!!

WHERE SHOULD I EVEN START?

I think I’ll TRY to share my thoughts. Here you go.

I don’t have any words to tell how much I adore this brilliant masterpiece. This is the best so far. This book was filled with adventures, kickass females, and swoon-worthy guys. Every page was filled with awesomeness. I couldn’t just put down the book. This happens every time when I read this series.  An adventurous ride from page one itself.

SJM knows how to keep her readers at bay. Damn her for doing this to me. I freaking loved this book. And I freaking love her too. The writing was compelling and will hook you till the very end. I really wonder how she could make every book so appealing. And now I know why people are gobsmacked with her. Include me in the list too. I’m gonna read her every other work. You just wait ACOTAR, I’ll devour you once I read the rest of the books in this series.

The plot was fast paced. This is the most important thing I love about SJM’s works. You will never get bored. AT ALL. And especially those freaking chapters. God, such an emotional roller coaster ride.

And now let’s talk about my adorable characters. I just want to hug all those characters. Don’t worry dears, I’m here for you. Let me take care of you all. I’ll hide you from that cruel world.

First, of course, Celaena. Poor Aelin! She was so broken. There were so many feels. My heart aches by seeing what she went through. And when that moment when little Aelin asked her to get up, I was done for the day. I couldn’t control my pooling tears. I missed her wits. I can see her being witty all the day, but I couldn’t stand her being broken. But finally, she made it. I’m so proud of her. *wiping the tears*

Rowan, that little arrogant pigheaded darling made me remind of someone *ahem*Professor Snape*ahem* I guess you could see the similarities. Both having unexplainable grief behind their cunning vicious faces. Anyways, his training methods were brilliant but still a pain in the ass. So loyal to the evil bitch even though he knows how unworthy she is. Well, I haven’t gushed over him yet. I’m rooting for him, though.

Aedion, my precious baby. Argh! Every character was well known for their wits. I don’t know how he could stand that bloody cruel bastard king. No, I don’t want anything to happen to him. I want to save him from that bastard’s hand. Tell me, I can do anything *weeps* His sacrifice made me love him more. I admire his love for his queen.

Poor Dorian, couldn’t do anything what he wants. Finally found a person who could mend his soul and magic. But that too was taken away from him. And that was by that bloody king. HE IS THE CRUELEST KING IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD. I loathe him with every fiber of my being. And that bastard made Dorian wore that fucking collar. I was growling at that part. My heart aches first and then it was ripped out and crushed. *cries*Ah, Dorian. Now, what is going to happen to you? I’m scared.

I’M NOT CRYING. YOU’RE CRYING.

MANON. OMG! I was being pulled into the world by her darkness. She is wicked. I know WICKED IS NOT GOOD. But man! I really love her so much. She may be soulless, but she is the soul of the book. Her chapters are always burning with passion.

And finally Chaol. Goddamnit, finally he made his choice. And I’m so happy for that. Other than that I don’t feel anything for him. Noppity Nope. The ship finally sank.

Now, I need to wait and see what the next book is holding up in its sleeves. 

PS: Sorry for my language. When I was overwhelmed, I couldn’t control my language.

MY RATING: Exceeds Expectation


Comments