BOOK REVIEW #50 - A STORM OF SWORDS PART I


BLURB:

Winter approaches Westeros like an angry beast.

The Seven Kingdoms are divided by revolt and blood feud. In the northern wastes, a horde of hungry, savage people steeped in the dark magic of the wilderness is poised to invade the Kingdom of the North where Robb Stark wears his new-forged crown. And Robb's defences are ranged against the South, the land of the cunning and cruel Lannisters, who have his young sisters in their power.

Throughout Westeros, the war for the Iron Throne rages more fiercely than ever, but if the wall is breached, no king will live to claim it.


MY THOUGHTS:

Thanks to my friends. I need to appreciate their works for trying to spoil me. They watched the series and I'm planning to watch it after reading the books. So you know now, how they threatened to fire the spoilers at me. Sometimes I would be so shocked that I need to know what will happen next immediately as the characters has alternate POVs we won't know until their next. In that case, I will ask them, they will explain so nicely and when I tried to relieve my breath in sigh they would drop the spoiler too. And then I was like "Screw me for asking". So after a lot of battling with them, I finished it finally. 

-- One part down. One more to go.
-- I like the book sure, but I just couldn’t understand the hype about it.
-- The plot was not enough fast-paced when compared to the first two books.
-- As always, the writing was appealing.
-- For God’s sake, I’m having A LOT OF trouble with remembering their names.
-- The world is quite complex.
-- I definitely had some moments with this book.


MY RATING: Acceptable

Comments