BOOK REVIEW #58- THE SONG OF ACHILLES


BLURB:

Achilles, "the best of all the Greeks," son of the cruel sea goddess Thetis and the legendary king Peleus, is strong, swift, and beautiful irresistible to all who meet him. Patroclus is an awkward young prince, exiled from his homeland after an act of shocking violence. Brought together by chance, they forge an inseparable bond, despite risking the gods' wrath.

They are trained by the centaur Chiron in the arts of war and medicine, but when word comes that Helen of Sparta has been kidnapped, all the heroes of Greece are called upon to lay siege to Troy in her name. Seduced by the promise of a glorious destiny, Achilles joins their cause, and torn between love and fear for his friend, Patroclus follows. Little do they know that the cruel Fates will test them both as never before and demand a terrible sacrifice.
 


MY THOUGHTS:

NOTE: PLEASE DON'T TRY TO FIND FANARTS BEFORE YOU FINISH THE BOOK.

Because it will make you numb. 

Sometimes you will find a food, everyone was fussing about. And you try it. At first, there is nothing you could find special about it. But after a lot of takings, you would feel the spice, taste and everything and then suddenly you want more. But there is only one left which you just devoured. 

The exact same thing happened to me with this book. I told my friend that there was no spark between me and this book. BUT.BUT.BUT... NOW

This book brutally surprised me. Killed me with the vengeance. This is literally screaming at me,"You don't find any sparks with me, huh?". And now you will feel the BLAST. It destroyed me and I'm not happy about it. 

Everything about this book screams beautiful. The writing was splendid. Breath taking. My heart was drowning. This one brings the Greek world right before your eyes, so naturally.  

The first half of the book didn't held my attention much but good lord the moment when they marched to the bloody war, I was sucked right into it. Everything escalated so quickly. And seeing the characters grown up and especially with the war going on would surely connect you with them. This is what happened with me. I loved both Achilles and Patroclus.

And I must really thank Miller for giving me this grief.

MY RATING: Exceeds Expectation

Comments