BOOK REVIEW #94 - SCARLET


BLURB:

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive. 

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.


MY THOUGHTS:

The adventure is going to be epic I guess and I can’t wait to jump on to the next wagon. With Cinder, I was thoroughly thrown into a beautiful fantasy with cyborgs and androids. I was living dreamily with the prince. But suddenly everything went into chaos and I was drowning in the bottomless pit of despair, pity and anticipation.

With Scarlet, Meyer did a wonderful work to make your energy boost for a wonderful journey ahead. This is the retelling of Little Red riding hood, with the shy Wolf who got this dreamy look by the sight of tomatoes. This is adorable and yet sad. Every single time he made me intrigued to know more about him. Even though he is quiet most of the time, he showed his appearance. He pretty much grasps my attention. And I was shocked when some truths were revealed.

AND THEN HERE COMES MY DARLING CAPTAIN/CADET THORNE 

WHO COULDN’T SHUT HIS MOUTH. God, his presence left me giddy and light-hearted. He says he couldn’t compete with Prince when it comes to who will be the better charmer, but I’M FINE WITH CAPTAIN. To be honest, it’s more than fine. And his banters with Cinder are lovely(LOL!)  And I heard that the next book is more about him and Cress and I can’t wait to read it.

Some things I remember that I liked:

  • Iko is back and I’m happy to see her again.
  • Wolf’s self-control(or rather the lack of). God, sure if it isn’t for Cinder and Carswell, he would have eaten Scarlet. How he hates himself for that!
  • Scarlet. Like the name, I loved how fiery she was.
  • When Wolf helped Scarlet to escape from the goons. I was not expecting him to give the Id that way. SURPRISE 
  • Cinder’s power is raw and innocent. When she honed it well, she could beat the shit out of Levana. 
  • I WANT MORE CARSWELL
  • The sudden attack that strikes the entire world.


A WISH: I WANT RHYS TO COME AND CRASH THE 

ENGAGEMENT OF LEVANA AND KAI.

MY RATING: Exceeds Expectation

Comments