BOOK REVIEW #98 - ROAR


BLURB:

In a land ruled and shaped by violent magical storms, power lies with those who control them.

Aurora Pavan comes from one of the oldest Stormling families in existence. Long ago, the ungifted pledged fealty and service to her family in exchange for safe haven, and a kingdom was carved out from the wildlands and sustained by magic capable of repelling the world’s deadliest foes. As the sole heir of Pavan, Aurora’s been groomed to be the perfect queen. She’s intelligent and brave and honorable. But she’s yet to show any trace of the magic she’ll need to protect her people.

To keep her secret and save her crown, Aurora’s mother arranges for her to marry a dark and brooding Stormling prince from another kingdom. At first, the prince seems like the perfect solution to all her problems. He’ll guarantee her spot as the next queen and be the champion her people need to remain safe. But the more secrets Aurora uncovers about him, the more a future with him frightens her. When she dons a disguise and sneaks out of the palace one night to spy on him, she stumbles upon a black market dealing in the very thing she lacks—storm magic. And the people selling it? They’re not Stormlings. They’re storm hunters.

Legend says that her ancestors first gained their magic by facing a storm and stealing part of its essence. And when a handsome young storm hunter reveals he was born without magic, but possesses it now, Aurora realizes there’s a third option for her future besides ruin or marriage. 

She might not have magic now, but she can steal it if she’s brave enough. 

Challenge a tempest. Survive it. And you become its master.


MY THOUGHTS:

The first word that came itself to my mind and stricken me to say it aloud is WILD. Damn, I loved it so much that I want to scream to every imbecile and bystander to read it IMMEDIATELY. Maybe I should never stop my screaming until everyone reads. If TEAM POLICE came to arrest me for causing nuisance then I would throw the book on their heads to read it. They need to read it or else I would read it aloud to EVERYONE. BECAUSE I LOVED IT SO MUCH. ENJOYED THE HELL OUT OF IT. My body was surging with the power to strike down a Storm. Or maybe I would call a Storm to play with me when I feel alone. MWHAHAHA.

I saw the book EVERYWHERE. People showing their ARCs, selected book for their subscriptions and Instagram. To be honest, I thought it created a havoc everywhere. Who wouldn’t be attracted to this beauty? Man, the cover was too splendid that I was petrified. Whenever I see the name or the cover, I would break into the song ROAR. I’m sorry to say but I’m humming even now. As the name conveys, everything is WILD. Calling a thunderous storm, seeing different storms, hunting the storms and rip out his heart from it. Stormheart! If only it would happen in real life, I would collect as much as hearts I could and store those stones in my treasure. I won’t sell it to markets even my parents pressured me to do. I wouldn’t even think of it. Maybe I would sell if my life was in a crisis like NO MONEY TO BUY BOOKS ANYMORE. *shudders*

Enters the Queen who was so keen on tossing her daughter into a marriage life to save the Kingdom. She doesn’t want anyone to know her daughter’s secret. So the Princess meet his supposed counterpart and very much attracted to his ‘beauty’ and adventurous life. She thought she could make her life possible to live. But then something happened and everything was shattered including her heart and she came to know more about the world. She wants to know more and want to hunt storms. But it can’t happen with her identity. You guessed it. She hides it, planned a rather dull plan and escaped the kingdom to join the hunters. The play starts there.

Damn, the story was moving so fast that I couldn’t keep up with its pace. I was gasping between the chapters and can’t control my hands to turn the pages. Even if the book has 1000 pages, I wouldn’t mind. I would read it giddily as I read these 380 pages. I was so engulfed by the book that when it was ended I was hurt. How could you stop there? No, it was not a bloody cliffhanger. Thank the Gods for that. But I need more. As I already said I WOULD SELL MY SOUL TO HAVE THE NEXT BOOK RIGHT NOW. Where is the crossroad demon? Where are you, Crowley? COME HERE AND I’LL SIGN THE BLOODY CONTRACT.

Aurora. Reckless and stubborn as a rock. At times she was likable and most of the times she was irritable. But soon we came to know why her behavior was like that. Locke. The hunter who really couldn’t stop himself from feeling even when she (her spirit) reminds him of his dead sister. It is weird. UGH. Damn, their romance was mind blowing. Everything burns. I love it so much. My body is tingly even now. The romance that stormed my poor heart! And the writing was incredible that I felt every storm’s beating heart. As I said before, I NEED MORE.

But there is this annoying part which made my eyes rolling throughout the book. My eyes hurt. Damn it! Locke did nothing but growled and groaned. Man, “He growled in frustration.”, “He groaned in confusion.” Will you please stop that? I should’ve tried to count the number of times they were used. It’s irritating. Other than that everything was PERFECT.

OVERALL: A striking novel to read with a lot of arguments, scorching romance and wild magic. A MUST READ.


MY RATING: Exceeds Expectation

Comments